[archives] ASF in Tunisia
ASF previous projects in Tunisia
For transparent and legitimate transitional justice
- Objective: strengthen the democratic transition and rule of law in Tunisia by supporting the effective, transparent and legitimate functioning of transitional justice mechanisms.
- Activities: Awareness-raising, judicial assistance, training of lawyers, monitoring progress on transitional justice
- Partners: Organisation Contre la Torture en Tunisie (OCTT, or Tunisian Organisation Against Torture), Forum Tunisien des droits économiques et sociaux (FTDES, Tunisian Forum for Economic and Social Rights).
- Budget: €200,782
- Funding: Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Duration: 26 months (April 2016 > May 2018)
GesRNa: Empowering civil society to participate to local governance regarding the management of natural resources with respect for human rights
- Objective: support the involvement and constructive participation of civil society actors in the local planning of development and territorial development projects, and implement constitutional and local governance principles in natural resources management.
– Capacity building for local civil society organisations (data collection, building strategic litigation cases, social, economic, environmental and transparency issues related to natural resources management…).
– Awareness campaigns for civil society, local authorities, school kids and students.
– Creation and animation of an interactive website on natural resources management.
– Study and advocacy reports on the exploitation of natural resources.
– Implementation of dialogue interfaces between local authorities and citizens.
- Partner: I-Watch
- Budget: €507,873
- Funding: European Union, Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Duration: 34 months (from September 2015 to June 2018)