ASF has field offices in 9 different countries and employs about 80 people of more than 15 different nationalities.
Non for profit association under Belgian law, registered at the Brussels Office of the Commercial court, French-speaking – Company number: BE 0447.404.580 – Not liable to VAT
Chantal van Cutsem
Our team in Brussels
Our Brussels team is responsible for the overall coordination of projects as well as the technical, logistical and financial support of the organisation.
- Director of Operations: Pascal Vanden Eynde firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning and Knowledge Manager: Bruno Langendries email@example.com
Strategic organisational development Advisor: Camille Lefèvre firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication: Simon Mallet email@example.com
Our teams in the field (permanent missions)
- Burundi: 1 national collaborator.
Project Coordinator: Romain Ravet firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central African Republic (Bangui): 2 expatriates and 3 national collaborators.
Country Director: Adrien Nifasha email@example.com – Phone: +236 72 74 05 72
- Chad (N’Djamena): 1 expatriate and 2 national collaborators. Country Director: Ouboulé Abalo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa): 1 expatriate and 6 national collaborators. Country Director: Federica Riccardi email@example.com – Phone: +243 81 74 20 559
- Indonesia (Jakarta): 1 national collaborator.
Country Representative: Yunita firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: +62 89 990 00 62 7
- Morocco (Rabat): 1 expatriate and et 1 national collaborator.
Project Coordinator: Mustapha Mezroui email@example.com – Phone: +212 666 058 275
- Uganda (Kampala): 1 expatriate and 3 national collaborators.
Country Director: Romain Ravet firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: +256 75 09 39 349
- Tunisia (Tunis): 1 expatriate and 12 national collaborators.
Country Director: Antonio Manganella email@example.com – Phone: +216 21 893 773
Our Board of Directors
Role: oversight and decision-making on strategic issues affecting the organisation
Members: Eddy Boydens (President), Patrick Henry (Vice-President), Michel Forges, Sibylle Gioe, Olivier Haenecour, Pierre Legros, Frans Macken (Treasurer), Claude Maon, Jacqueline Oosterbosch, Tim Op de Beeck, Caroline Stainier, Filip Van Bergen, Jean-Marc Verjus.
Avocats Sans Frontières also depends on the valuable contribution of numerous interns, volunteers and lawyers who, at headquarters or in the field, offer their commitment and their skills in the service of access to justice for all.
- Volunteer translators: Emiel Biesemans, Elizabeth and Anna Carthy, Stephan Claes, Crystal Crawford, Michiel De Mylle, Ruben Fierens, Eleanor Fulvio, Laura Fuster, Laura Gruyaert, Alison Jenner, Eva Kaluzynska, Clement McGeown, Natalie Perret, Joya Raha…
Visit us at HQ
The headquarters of Avocats Sans Frontières is located in the area of Brussels called “La Chasse/De Jacht”:
Avenue de la Chasse 140 Jachtlaan
Phone: +32 (0)2 223 36 54
Our offices are not open to the public, so please contact us in advance by telephone or email if you plan to visit us.
- Train: Etterbeek station
- Metro: Mérode
- Bus: 34 (“La Chasse/De Jacht” stop) and 36 (“Onze Novembre/Elf November” stop)
- Tram: 81 (“Acacia” stop)
- Villo: station 181 (“Louis Titze”), avenue de la Chasse 182 Jachtlaan
Please note that parking in the area is subject to charges. ASF does not have parking facilities for its visitors.
ASF is not in a position to offer individual legal aid outside of its projects in the field. ASF can not take on individual files in areas such as immigration, visa applications, family law, tax law, succession or in civil and commercial litigation. Similarly, ASF does not intervene in judicial or administrative cases in Belgium, including criminal matters.
It is for this reason that we advise you to contact the following organisations:
- Legal aid offices in French speaking Belgium
- Ordre des barreaux francophones & germanophone de Belgique (contact details for all lawyers in French speaking Belgium, search by specialisation)
- Ordre des barreaux néerlandophones (contact details for all lawyers in Flemish speaking Belgium, search by specialisation)