ASF has field offices in 7 different countries and employs about 80 people of more than 15 different nationalities.
Non for profit association under Belgian law, registered at the Brussels Office of the Commercial court, French-speaking – Company number: BE 0447.404.580 – Not liable to VAT
Our team in Brussels
Based in Brussels, ASF headquarters is responsible for the overall coordination of programmes as well as the technical, logistical and financial support of the organisation.
- Administration, Finance and Administration Director: Pascal Vanden Eynde
- HR Officer: Karin Latreille
- Strategic Coordinators: Chantal van Cutsem, Catherine Lalonde
- Access to Justice Expert: Bruno Langhendries
- International Justice Expert: Jean-Philippe Kot
- Research Coordinator: Julien Moriceau
- Communication: Séverine Degée, Gilles Van Moortel
Our teams in the field (permanent missions)
- Regional Representative Asia: Miriam Chinnappa
- Burundi (Bujumbura): 3 local collaborators.
Country Director ad interim: Sistor Havyarimana – Phone: +257 76 828 505
- Central African Republic (Bangui): 1 expatriate and 3 local collaborators.
Country Director: Adrien Nifasha – Phone: +236 72 74 05 72
- Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa): 1 expatriate and 6 local collaborators.
Country Director: Gilles Durdu – Phone: +243 81 74 20 559
- Uganda (Kampala): 4 local collaborators. Phone: +256 312 265 842
- Tunisia (Tunis): 1 expatriates and 12 local collaborators.
Country Director: Antonio Manganella – Phone: +216 21 893 773
- Zambia (Lusaka): 2 local collaborators
Country Director: Cathy Lecrenier – Phone: +260 96 420 55 10
Our Board of Directors
Role: oversight and decision-making on strategic issues affecting the organisation
Members: Eddy Boydens (President), Jérome de Hemptinne, Patrick Henry (Vice-President), Edward Janssens, Pierre Legros, Frans Macken (Treasurer), Jacqueline Oosterbosch, Caroline Stainier, Hafida Talhaoui, Filip Van Bergen, Jean-Marc Verjus, Luc Walleyn.
Avocats Sans Frontières also depends on the valuable contribution of numerous interns, volunteers and lawyers who, at headquarters or in the field, offer their commitment and their skills in the service of access to justice for all.
- Interns and volunteers at HQ: Héloïse Duroy, Mohamed Kekli, Cristina Orts, Alice Siniscalchi, Evelyne Sodjahin, Gisèle Van Antwerpen
- Volunteer translators: Marion Bélery, Emiel Biesemans, Elizabeth and Anna Carthy, Stephan Claes, Crystal Crawford, Michiel De Mylle, Ruben De Winne, David Eichert, Ruben Fierens, Eleanor Fulvio, Laura Fuster, Laura Gruyaert, Alison Jenner, Clement McGeown, Natalie Perret…
Visit us at HQ
The headquarters of Avocats Sans Frontières is located in the area of Brussels called “La Chasse/De Jacht”:
Avenue de la Chasse 140 Jachtlaan
Phone: +32 (0)2 223 36 54
Our offices are not open to the public, so please contact us in advance by telephone or email if you plan to visit us.
- Train: Etterbeek station
- Metro: Mérode
- Bus: 34 (“La Chasse/De Jacht” stop) and 36 (“Onze Novembre/Elf November” stop)
- Tram: 81 (“Acacia” stop)
- Villo: station 181 (“Louis Titze”), avenue de la Chasse 182 Jachtlaan
Please note that parking in the area is subject to charges. ASF does not have parking facilities for its visitors.