ASF employs about 80 people of more than 15 different nationalities: 63 people in the field and 17 at the headquarters in Brussels.
Our team in Brussels
Based in Brussels, ASF headquarters is responsible for the overall coordination of programmes as well as the technical, logistical and financial support of the organisation.
- Director, Finance & Administration: Ronald Simon
- Business controllers: Joseph Karenzo, Stéphanie Patrois, Pascal Vanden Eynde
- Human Resources: Sabrina Lambé, Anouche Mardikian
- Strategic coordinators: Lara Deramaix, Chantal van Cutsem
- Thematic experts and coordinators:
- Access to Justice: Myriam Khaldi
- Civil and Political Rights: Jean-Charles Paras
- Economic and Social Rights: Shira Stanton
- Emblematic Cases and International Legal Network: Catherine Lalonde
- International and Transitional Justice: Jean-Philippe Kot
- International Criminal Court: Luc Meissner
- Quality & Learning: Julien Moriceau
- Communication and Fundraising : Séverine Degée, Gilles Van Moortel
Our teams in the field (permanent missions)
- Burundi (offices in Bujumbura, Gitega and Ngozi): 1 expatriate and 19 local collaborators. Head of mission: Katia Urteaga
- Chad (office in N’Djamena): 1 expatriate. Head of mission: Coralie Delhoneux
- Democratic Republic of Congo (offices in Kinshasa, Bukavu and Bunia): 5 expatriates and 10 local collaborators. Head of mission: Aurora Capelier
- Nepal (office in Kathmandu): 3 local collaborators.
Head of mission: Gopi Parajuli
- Uganda (office in Kampala): 1 expatriate, 4 support staff, and 2 intern lawyers. Head of mission: Ismene Zarifis
- Tunisia (office in Tunis): 2 expatriates and 9 local collaborators. Head of mission: Solène Rougeaux (interim Federica Riccardi)
Board of Directors
Role: oversight and decision-making on strategic issues affecting the organisation
President: Hafida Talhaoui
Vice-Presidents: Jean-Marc Verjus, Peter Van der Auweraert
Members: Jérome de Hemptinne, Lieven Denys, Peter De Smet, Myriam Kaminski, Pierre Legros, Frans Macken, Caroline Stainier, Filip Van Bergen, Luc Walleyn.
Avocats Sans Frontières also depends on the valuable contribution of numerous interns, volunteers and lawyers who, at headquarters or in the field, offer their commitment and their skills in the service of access to justice for all.
- Interns and volunteers at HQ: Sébastien Chesneau, Nadin Coulibaly, Anne Hendrickx, Laurence Lamotte, Anouche Mardikian, Gisèle Van Antwerpen, Aurore Vermylen
- Volunteer translators: Préscillia Algrain, Sharon Choe, Mariangela Cocca, Crystal Crawford, Michiel De Mylle, Ruben De Winne, Daniel Ferrie, Eleanor Fulvio, Laura Fuster, Laura Gruyaert, Eustache Habumuremyi, Muriel Hublin, Alison Jenner, Sarah Kuen, Magali Loustau, Johanna Luykx, Sophie Maral, Ceylin Öztarhan, Natalie Perret, Melanie Reimer, Emina Sadic, Claire Shepherd, Louise Tschanz, Gretchen Weshe, Karen Wooddissee, Dersim Yabasun.
- Volunteer graphic design: Steven Claes , Kristof Saeys
ASF’s HQ (Belgium)
rue de Namur 72 Naamsestraat
1000 Brussels – Belgium
Phone: +32 2 223 36 54
ASF in Burundi
Phone: +257 22 24 16 77
ASF in Chad
Phone: +235 126.96.36.199
ASF in the DRC
Phone: +253 81 950 0388
ASF in Nepal
Phone: +977 1 426 0827
ASF in Uganda
Phone: +256 312 265 842
ASF in Tunisia
Phone: +216 31 16 44 01
Visit us at HQ
The headquarters of Avocats Sans Frontières is located in the area of Brussels called Porte de Namur/Naamsepoort, a few metres from the so-called “Pentagon” (also called “petite ceinture” which means small ring road).
- Bus: 71, 54 (“Porte de Namur/Naamsestraat” stop)
- Metro: Lines 2, 6 (“Porte de Namur/Naamsestraat” station)
- Tram: 92, 94 (“Royale” stop)
- Train: Central Station (then take bus 71 towards Delta, get off at the “Porte de Namur/Naamsestraat” stop)
To arrive by car, take the “petite ceinture” or Pentagon ring road and exit at “Porte de Namur/Naamsestraat”.
Our offices are not open to the public, so please contact us in advance by telephone or email if you plan to visit us.